For the past two years I have been contributing to a variety of health organisations and campaigns, as part of my son Hugo’s legacy. I have given talks at conferences about my experiences in hospital with pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndrome, as the parent of a premature baby; and as a bereaved parent. To complement this, I have campaigned on social media and through my blog raising awareness of these issues.
My years in NHS communications, with a special interest in health communication and patient information provide added value to my work as an expert patient. My background also gives me a unique insight that helps attract attention, raise awareness, start conversation, and make a difference.
Some of my successes include:
- Being a leader of the grassroots Maternity Experience campaign
- Co-writing and co-leading a winning bid (‘Nobody’s Patient) for the NHS England MatExp Challenge Fund.
- Devising bereavement cards for St George’s Hospital’s neonatal unit
- Speaking at the Parents as Educators conference at the Royal Society of Medicine
- Named in the HSJ’s list of 50 Patient Leaders 2015
- Winning the Tommy’s Mum’s Voice Award, 2016
I can support you with:
- Assessment and creation of patient information
- Writing reports and bids
- Conference speaking
- Focus groups and steering groups as an expert patient by experience
- Campaign advice and materials.
To discuss your needs, availability, and budget, please get in touch.